Total Pageviews

Saturday, February 2, 2013

New Yarn Holder Purse

Yarn Holder Purse

I owe the pleasure of crocheting this Purse to my virtual friend - Gulmira.
It is much better to carry this purse around than the plain grocery baggie.
After seeing her bright and cheerful yellow purse, decision was formed at once!
I looked at my yarn and thread collection and choose dark red.
Recently this is my color- of choice!



Project on Ravelry - here
yarn - Aun's Lydia, 2 balls
hook - 2.5mm
size - 7.5"=19cm

I made a few swatches with different yarn weights and choose Aunt's Lydia crochet thread hold double.
The ring I cut out of the plastic yogurt lid.
It worked out great!

The handle is a little shorter and I like it this way.

Tried out some fancy edging on the middle flower with metallic-lurex thread, but was not pleased with the result.
So, I left the middle as is but edged the handle and opening.






2 comments:

  1. Ириша, я уже писала, что мне очень понравилось как ты подобрала ниточки , получилось очень нарядно и празднично, и в то же время очень практично ( например, белое нужно будет стирать без конца).
    Мне кажется, эта идея может пригодиться тем, кто ищет подарочки для подружек-вязальщиц.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Абсолютно с тобой согласна! И вязать эту сумочку - сущее удовольствие!
      Спасибо еще раз, Гуля!

      Delete

Glad you stopped by and read my blog!
Please come back again
~ Iryna